David CohenDavid Cohen BSc (Hons) FRICS, will co-ordinate and manage APC Academy’s tailored solutions, delivering many of the requirements direct to candidates and employers. He is a practicing Chartered Quantity Surveyor based in Edinburgh and offices in London and is a founding member of Amicus Property Consultants Limited and Esk Property LLP.
David carries out a number of roles within the RICS, property and education environments including:
- APC Chairman
- APC Assessor
- APC Mentor
- APC Prelim Assessor
- Board Member of the RICS QS & Construction UK Professional Group
- Guest lecture for Universities on Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Development Economics for Postgraduate and Undergraduate courses
- Speaker and facilitator for the bi-annual RICS APC Prep Day, which provides general information for candidates in Scotland to focus on the final year of training
- Supervisor & Counsellor to a number of candidates
- Member of the Editorial Board for the RICS Construction Journal
- Member of the working group for the Blackbook
- Regular speaker for RICS Matrics
David has a very focussed and proactive work ethic and is very experienced in supporting candidates in the APC process with an impeccable success rate.
As an active practitioner in the Property Industry, David demonstrates a high level of hands-on knowledge relating to current industry issues, which assists the APC training approach in today’s rapidly changing climate. Key individuals involved in the training process have a wide range of skills in promoting best practice and compliance with the RICS requirements and through extensive real world industry expertise.